Saturday, February 16, 2008

Casulo - life in a little box

Moving from one apartment to the other, can be stressful enough.
Moving from one country to the other....
So I haven't really moved. Just brought with me a minimum of personal stuff.

When I bought furniture for my present apartment here in Moss, I was conscious that whatever I carried up those stairs and into the apartment would one day be carried down the same stairs.
So I bought most of my furniture at FRETEX and MASVO, two secondhand charity shops.
It was a cheap and convenient solution.


Photo: Casulo

Today Aftenposten, the Norwegian newspaper, wrote about CASULO, the furniture for a whole room in a box, size 80 cm * 120 cm


Check out Casulo's website where you read
"Casulo, a new concept for mobile living originated in June 2007 as a part of the dissertation of Marcel Krings and Sebastian Mühlhäuser at the Köln International School of Design in Cologne."
http://www.mein-casulo.de/en/en_index.htm
Now they are looking for producers and distributors of the CASULO.

This solution would have been an attractive alternative for me, if I knew I would have to move a lot in the coming years, and that I would be living mostly in oneroom apartments.
Then there is the price...

But I like the idea, and I will think about it a little more.

No comments: